Journeys & Writings of Paul

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Peace

There are two things that I am certain of: uncertainty in life and the faithfulness of God.

I could write volumes about how God has guided me, been at work in my life, how I've changed, what I've learned, how I've grown and developed as an individual, etc. Instead I'll share with you some of the pieces that have helped me along in my journey:

Lamentations 3:19-24

"I remember my affliction and my wandering,
    the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,

    and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;

    great is your faithfulness. 
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him."


2 Timothoy 2:11-13

"Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
    we will also live with him;
if we endure,

    we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
    he will also disown us;
if we are faithless,

    he remains faithful,
    for he cannot disown himself."

Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth."


No comments:

Post a Comment